Obo is looking for talented front-end software engineer to join our team. In addition to strong software engineering fundamentals, the ideal candidate will have proven experience running/supporting secure, scalable, enterprise-grade services within a culture of operational excellence. The Obo engineering team leverages best-practice methodologies such as agile development, Lean Startup and User-Centered Design, as well as the latest technologies in NLP and machine learning.
About the Obo team
- We obsess about customer success and how our understanding of the market translates into useful and usable applications for our customers.
- We are deeply involved in driving practical product design—we are theorists grounded in reality.
- We meet with our customers regularly to inform our thinking, then we use this insight to “build for market.”
- We are more than product managers—we are product leaders.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced user interface engineer who is:
- Knowledgeable in modern web frameworks and designing/writing/consuming REST APIs
- Passionate about owning the design and implementation of feature sets as a whole
- Able to respond quickly to changing business needs and rollout functionality incrementally
- Very strong in HTML5 and CSS and able to make the right choices when building responsive UI applications
- Dogmatic about following best practices
- Committed Test-Driven Development(TDD)
About the position
In this position, you'll:
- Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices, and usability patterns
- Contribute to end-to-end system architecture, working closely with back-end engineers
- Collaborate with UX team, product managers, and other technical teams to create a great user experience
Required skills and experience
- Deep passion for Java Script and staying up to date with the latest technologies & trends
- Deep knowledge of the strengths and limitations of the available technologies
- Strong understanding of HTML5 semantics and why they are important
- Extensive experience and understanding of styling and layout with CSS3
- Experience with unit testing, UI testing, and related technologies
- Experience working on enterprise software development
- Solid understanding of both OOP and Functional design paradigms
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on schedule
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Visual design skills
- Good grasp of usability and inter action design
- Experience in creating solutions deployed to cloud
- Prior experience developing SaaS applications
- Experience with the following technologies/frameworks:Hapi/Express,Sass CSS,React,Redux,Java Script build tools including Web Pack and Gulp
Obo offers competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K, and commuter benefits; company-paid team lunches; and unlimited PTO.