We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to help us design, build and scale services to support our growing business. If you are someone with a passion for developing reliable mission-critical software that creates simple abstractions for complex infrastructure, we’d like to talk to you. This is a Senior role and requires a high degree of technical leadership, impact and ownership. We look for an ability to drive a product from requirements phase through delivery. To be successful in this role you should bring a passion for high quality, testable code and set a high standard across the organization. A key focus of our Platform team is building tools and automation that makes the whole team more productive and our systems more dependable. Finally, as a leader on this team we look to you to offer mentorship and guidance to those around you, making the Engineers and teams you work with more effective.
- An automation enthusiast. You love developing services that help Engineering teams build great software
- Someone who thrives in the weeds
- Experienced in supporting high-availability production systems and offering swift responses to critical issues
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems
- Well-honed skills in core Java
- In-depth understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Applied work with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with concurrency, scaling, and performance improvement
- Direct experience with at least of one these dependency management tools: Maven, Bazel, and/or Gradle
Big plus if you have
- Worked with Spring framework
- Done work on cloud/deployment platforms like GCP, AWS, etc.
- Built microservices
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Istio, Nginx, HA, or Envoy
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing, widely used consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package and equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one and an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches and coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events and off-sites
Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. and Australia and has raised over $100 million in venture funding.