Ritual is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help improve the security of our applications as well as protect our employees, customers and partners. This is an opportunity to work with a widely-used consumer product and impact people on a global scale. You will work collaboratively with our Engineering teams to ensure security and privacy are considered throughout the development life cycle and partner closely with Product Managers and help them balance our product roadmap with privacy and security concerns.
- Bring security to front of development process. You need to be comfortable asking right questions, educating teams and evangelizing best practices
- Architect, build and manage new security systems including intrusion detection systems
- Conduct research on security-related topics, educate Ritual employees on security best practices and work to influence more secure behaviours and maintain compliance with different standards (SANS, ACM) and certifications (OFCP, PCI, DSS, CIS)
- Prepare plans for potential security breaches, identify threats and vulnerabilities to our systems and work remediate them
- Conduct network scans to find vulnerabilities and run penetration tests to simulate attacks
- Monitor and alert against suspicious behaviour using the latest and greatest tooling
To be successful, you need to
- Be passionate about securing applications and helping organizations improve their security practices
- Have in-depth knowledge of tooling related to disaster recovery, forensic analysis tools, and developing security policies and procedures
- Be proficient in Java, Python and have experience with tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker and more
- Understand networking and know how to do a deep dive into network activity and intrusions
- Be an advocate and a teacher
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our customers and merchants. If you feel this role would be a good fit, but you don`t have all the skills or qualities listed, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Competitive compensation package and equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one and an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches and coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events and off-sites
Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. We are an online marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods and services more efficient. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 290+ people and has raised $150 million in venture funding.