Senior QA Engineer- Mobile Test Automation at Ritual.co
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer- Mobile Test Automationto help us maintain the quality of our app in our future releases, as well as being able to work with our existing code to reduce bugs and improve our overall user experience. In this role you will work on finding and triaging bugs throughout our entire software development life cycle, as well as writing test cases and tools on the backend to help prevent possible future issues. This role focuses heavily on automation and you will be part of a team building out these processes at Ritual.
You will work on a close-knit QA team that is in constant communication with our product, design and engineering teams. You will work on outgoing changes as well as improving our own processes and tracking as we work to make Ritual better from all angles.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- 2+ years automation experience with Selenium or similar TDD/BDD frameworks (Robot framework a plus)
- Coding skills in Java, Swift, and/or Python
- API Testing experience
- Unit Testing experience
- UI Test automation experience
- Perfectionism with tight deadlines; you test for the happy cases, and then fill in the edge cases as time allows
- Collaboration with others - our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done
- Understanding that making mistakes means you’re learning
- Constant desire to grow and develop
- Realization that testing does not end at the digital/real-world divide; you can accurately gauge if a product makes sense for end-users and defend your reasoning
Big Plus If
- You have experience deploying with Jenkins / Circle CI / Appium and/or mobile testing experience
- You want to work on things that make an impact on the world
- You are comfortable in a high-paced environment and can respond to urgent requests
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love
- Competitive compensation package and equity in the business
- Healthcare coverage and a generous vacation policy
- Daily in-app credit towards lunches and coffees
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive
- A pantry full of snacks
- Fun company-sponsored events and off sites
Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. We are a two-sided marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods and service more efficient. Our initial product focuses on creating a social food ordering experience that allows users to pre-order take-out at their local restaurants. We make it easy to place group orders and have a co-worker deliver your lunch or coffee right to your desk. Our value-add for merchants is to increase their order volume and repeat business. Additionally, we provide merchants with valuable insights into their local customer behaviour, allowing for highly targeted local marketing campaigns.
Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 150 people and has raised $125 million in venture funding. We are currently partnering with over 3,000 restaurants in 10 cities across North America, including Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Toronto, Washington, DC. While continuing to grow in North America, we are also looking to expand internationally into Europe and Asia. More than 44,500 teams across companies like Goldman Sachs, Oath, Spotify and SpotHero have formed on Ritual.
About the Team
The engineering team at Ritual is a small and tight-knit unit. We are driven to deliver high-quality software as quickly as possible to our end users. We are extremely data-driven in our decisions about the product and constantly iterate to provide best customer experience. We are problem solvers while remaining business-minded and customer-focused.
We are mostly a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We are currently in the process of transitioning a monolithic codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker/Kubernetes communicating over gRPC. Our data layer is mainly in MySQL, Memcache, and BigQuery. Our customers interact with the application through native iOS and Android apps as well as a web (React) interface. We take a project-based agile approach to software development.