Clover's Development Team is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve Clover's business through external partnerships. We are responsible for prioritizing these opportunities and managing the entire lifecycle of a new partner, from sourcing through to working cross-functional implementation. We're constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to better care for our members and move our business forward, and we make sure we put in the time to get new projects launched successfully.
We're looking for a Manager to join our Development Team and take on broad responsibility for designing, implementing, and maintaining our overall partner lifecycle operations. The Development Team Manager will play a key role in controlling for quality in Clover's partnerships while also ensuring a smooth and transparent selection and contracting process.
As a Manager on the Development Team, you will:
- Partner with leaders across the company to proactively identify opportunities to improve Clover's business
- Help prioritize and diligence prospective partners and develop business cases for where Clover should and should not consider making significant investments
- Work cross-functionally with Clover teams including legal, finance, tech, operations, and clinical, among others
- Take full responsibility for Clover's partnership lifecycle, from strategic and financial diligence to sourcing, contracting and overseeing implementation
- Develop and improve upon new partnership workflows that drive efficiencies and smooth hand-offs between teams
- Act as a key decision-maker on what deals Clover should enter into — both establishing the overall criteria by which we evaluate deal quality and also signing off on discrete deals under consideration
- Develop a deep understanding of Clover's operations and business metrics in order to proactively address potential issues with existing partners and ensure our partners are prepared to support Clover as we continue to grow and evolve
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about transforming health delivery through data driven analysis and development of new technologies.
- You have a bias to action and love to move quickly from ideas to execution.
- You are adept at working with cross-functional teams.
- You're detail oriented and love getting deep in the weeds to understand a new rule or business priority.
- You're metrics-driven, and innately rely on numbers to evaluate the success of a program or partnership.
- You are naturally process-oriented and innately convert disparate tasks into repeatable, scalable processes
- You have strong business acumen and can use qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify solutions across several different business contexts
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience sourcing and executing partnership, investment, and/or M&A deals in healthcare or technology.
- You have experience working across a wide range of stakeholder groups, both internal and external.
- You're able to balance big picture, strategic thinking with an attention to the details that may determine whether a project succeeds or fails.
- You can quickly gain a broad understanding of disparate parts of the healthcare system through independent research and knowing which questions to ask.
- You innately see the connections between things and can understand how a decision made today might affect a project several months down the line.
- You have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have at a minimum a BA/BS degree (preferred skills/qualifications: Lean/Six Sigma, MPH, or MBA).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.