The Accounting team at Clover is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health, its departments and business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system and supports Company goals and initiatives by being service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while assuring that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures. The Senior Accountant will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Be responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis of results.
- Support the accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and internal controls.
- Be responsible for cash, investments, assorted accrued expenses, and various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Partner with Strategic Finance to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Research and write detailed accounting memos for documentation and external review (e.g. independent auditors) for complex areas such as lease accounting.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Support the external audit of the company’s annual financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You have a positive, energetic and optimistic attitude, with a willingness to proactively roll up your sleeves.
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years accounting experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have previously worked at a Big 4; CPA strongly preferred
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Intacct a plus.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.