HealthTap is delivering universal access to quality, primary healthcare, HealthTap improves the experience for both patients and doctors while saving time and reducing costs for all. HealthTap’s doctor-trained, augmented intelligence system personalizes users’ care and enables an instant connection to doctors and their knowledge from 147 specialties. HealthTap serves its app to employers, insurance companies, health systems, and users around the world. More than 100,000 doctors and 8 million members have trusted HealthTap for immediate access to healthcare.
We believe technology improves, simplifies, and accelerates access to healthcare by guiding consumers toward a more personalized experience, expediting treatment, coordinating care, and freeing doctors to focus on what they do best.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised over $88 million. We are backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Khosla Ventures, Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Samsung. Each of these firms is deeply committed to HealthTap and are optimistic about HealthTap’s vision for the future of healthcare.
Being a Backend Engineer at HealthTap means…
Having unique problem-solving capabilities and a deep passion for solving problems.
Buying into scalability, a focus on the user, and optimal solutions.
Being a superlative coder who can realize our vision on a high-performance, secure, and robust back-end framework that powers our products.
As a backend engineer at HealthTap, you’ll be part of a tight knit team, flourishing in an engineering- and product- centric culture.
We’re looking for a candidate who can...
- Help shape and define the architecture of, and build the core infrastructure for, our products used by millions
- Help solve huge problems working with big data, machine learning, NLP, advanced search, and the next generation of APIs to change and disrupt the health care and health information industries
- Create elegant code that’s efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain (and that actually saves lives)
- Translate user needs that really matter into product requirements and ultimate solutions that surprise, delight, and make a difference in people’s lives
- Play an important role in helping HealthTap stay at the forefront of digital health, one of the hottest emerging industries
The best candidates will have...
- BS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 5 years relevant work experience or MS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 3 years relevant work experience
- Highly exceptional coding skills in multiple programming languages
- Extensive experience building awesome, user-friendly, web-based applications using frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django and Spring
- Proven ability to contribute and to “move the needle” in all aspects of a quality-centric, web and mobile-based application development environment (including database design, algorithms, and engineering operations)
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
- Casual, contemporary, comfortable offices based in downtown Mountain View (near Stanford) and San Francisco (near Jackson Square)
- Caring for our team with fantastic benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Daily catered lunches
- Snacks and beverages
- Equity share
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Choice of technology
- Dog-friendly offices
- Much more...
Learn more about us, our story, and how we are revolutionizing virtual healthcare globally atHealthTap.com. We’re having a good time and we’re making a difference in people’s lives! We are an equal opportunity employer, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy seeing our employees grow with us.