We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build the future. Our IT philosophy is one of excellence and empowerment, we develop strong partnerships that are effective where success is an iterative method to solutions and processes. We are an innovative team focused in generating long-term value. Our IT Team adopts a collaborative approach to enabling new business capabilities.
We're looking to hire a Data Steward to guide Clover in making sound business decisions related to operations, systems, and data findings. This responsibility requires both an understanding of business operational reporting needs and informational systems. You will work with the business and IT in setting and maintaining the evolving data policies across the organization and facilitate the development of a formal data governance structure and practice within the organization. Within IT, this role will prioritize development work to ensure the ODS and data warehouse continues to evolve with the business needs.
As a Data Steward you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team in collaborating together to define standard metric definitions. Establish practice of approving and documenting new metric definitions as the business evolves.
- Maintain a fundamental understanding of data flows and transformations from various applications and data sources to the data warehouse and other reporting environments.
- Drive decision-making by providing recommendations surrounding data used in the reporting systems including encounter, membership, providers, and clinical data tables.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate standard definitions into the reporting environments.
- Partner with the Data Architect on the functional and architectural design of data systems utilized in reporting and analytics to promote standard definitions.
- Lead the systematic review, problem solving, and design of data systems and reports.
- Consult with managers, IT, and employee users for business analysis and requirement gathering.
- Assist in writing reports, quality analysis review, data analysis, and ongoing report development.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy facilitation and negotiation and are excited to help teams come to agreement on standards.
- Customer service comes naturally to you and you find you do your best work within a multidisciplinary company.
- You pride yourself in your strong interpersonal skills and ability to maturely and diplomatically interact with a broad spectrum of people.
You should get in touch if:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a health-related or scientific discipline and are an accredited Record Technician, Registered Record Administrator or equivalent knowledge of medical terminology, pathophysiology, CPT and ICD-9 coding. Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) desirable.
- You have a minimum three years experience in a managed care, hospital, or similar setting along with a minimum three years experience in data systems and clinical operations report development.
- You have a minimum three years experience acting as a data steward in a data governance team and have a knowledge of standard healthcare operational reporting and metrics.
- You have a technical understanding of healthcare applications, data systems, data warehouses, and other reporting environments along with strong knowledge and experience with relational and dimensional databases including data warehouse tools and techniques in a MS-SQL server environment.
- You have experience in a variety of computer system softwares as well as Windows, Visio, MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.