The role of Team Lead – Risk Analytics is based in Noida and reports to the Manager/Sr. Manager leading the team. The key requirement for the role is the ability to understand the business, develop data driven solutions to address business problems and provide analytic support to the business. The individual will manage projects, train and supervise team members in various risk management tools and techniques.
|Cross Functional Relationships
||Product, Engineering, Marketing & Compliance
Critical Business Activities
- Building models to predict risk and other key metrics
- Design and implement loan amount & credit line strategies for our UK consumer lending products in the sub-prime market
- Coming up with data driven solutions to control risk
- Finding opportunities to acquire more customers by modifying/optimizing existing rules
- Doing periodic upgrades of the underwriting strategy based on business requirements
- Evaluating 3rd party solutions for predicting/controlling risk of the portfolio
- Running periodic controlled tests to optimize underwriting
- Monitor and periodic evaluation of existing credit line strategies
- Design, build, implement and manage predictive models used to drive credit line management
- Plan and execute coaching & career development plan for his/her team.
- Timely delivery and execution of people processes
- Provide analytics support to other functional groups
- Maintaining proper documentation of analysis and models
Competencies and Experience
Technical Skills and Experience
- Established competency in statistical modeling
- Strong Analytical aptitude and logical reasoning ability
- Must to have working knowledge of analytical tools such as R or Python
- Must to have working knowledge of SQL and complex data sources
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong process/project management skill
- 4-5 years of experience in Financial Services/Analytics Industry
- Understanding of the financial services business
- Strong people skills
- Adjusting to Change: Ability to remain optimistic, recover from setbacks, projects cheerfulness, can cope with change, can tolerate uncertainty, adapts to new challenges, acknowledging criticism, encouraging critical thinking, gathers feedback.
- Investigating Issues: Ability take up learning opportunities, acquiring knowledge and skills, updating specialist knowledge, applying practical skills, learning by doing, applying common sense, continuously improving things, identifying key issues, making intuitive judgements.
- Building Relationships: – Ability to put people at ease, welcome people, makes friends, maintain projects enthusiasm, making contacts, active networking, can attract attention, promotes personal achievements and can gain recognition.
- Communicating Information: Should be able to successfully persuade others, shaping opinions, negotiating, can question assumptions, challenges established views, argues own perspective, gives presentations, explains things and is able to project social confidence.
- Structuring Tasks: Ability to work methodically, plans activities, sets priorities, behaves ethically, maintains confidentiality, consistently acts with integrity, works quickly, maintains productivity and can multi-task.