This position involves defining, designing and implementing product requirements in android mobile app using JAVA / Kotlin. The role demands to partner with the Technical/Team Lead to ensure the technical quality of the product is elegant, practical, efficient and technically excellent.
||Senior Software Engineer
Critical Business Activities
- Refine the product definitions/user stories raised by Product Management Team and Stakeholders, by asking the right questions and helping them to elaborate it.
- Create estimates for the user stories and its underlying tasks along with the entire development team
- Design modules and components for the business requirements and document the same
- Develop modules and components by programing and testing them by writing automated test suites in the Continuous Integration suite
- Deploy the release by presenting the implemented items to product owners & stakeholders and triggering the release and ensure it builds into production
- Ensure the product functionality and production systems are stable by closely monitoring the metrics and fixing any issues.
Competencies and Experience Required
Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical degree
- Experience working in a complete life cycle of Object Oriented Software Product development, including product support activities
- Extensive use of Java I/O, Collections and other well-known application frameworks.
- Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for Android.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming.
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance.
- Experience with source code management techniques using Git or SVN.
- Experience working and communicating with cross-functional teams – Project Managers, Designers, Marketing, QA, etc.
- At least 2 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by our team. Please provide names of all your apps that you’ve worked with a brief description of your contribution.
- Working experience in React Native or Hybrid apps would be added advantage.
- Experience in Python and MySQL would be added advantage.
- Start-up experience preferred.
Execution: Ability to identify critical paths by taking initiatives and to get the assigned tasks completed with good quality and speed.
Knowledge: Ability to self-learn and help the team/project by displaying intuitiveness.
Communication: Ability to communicate and explain the technical functionalities precisely to the mentors.
Teamwork: Should be able to actively interact and collaborate with the team there-by providing greater quality outputs and ensure the team continues to operate in a more self-organized fashion.
Judgement: Be able to manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture and make sound decisions with limited and incomplete data.