We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers who are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. We are a group of Actuaries who are interested in taking the actuarial discipline into the new era of data science tools and workflows.
We're looking for a Reserving Actuary who will support a core area of responsibility for our Actuarial team and will own aspects of the reserving and financial reporting functions at Clover.
As a Reserving Actuary you will:
- Support the monthly close process, including the development of actuarial accruals and analysis of results.
- Collaborate with Finance team on financial reporting to Clover's internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with finance and actuarial leadership on annual and periodic forecasts and budget variance analysis of revenue and medical expense.
- Oversee the regular maintenance of the actuarial reserving and reporting models and tools.
- Manage and professionally develop an Actuarial Analyst.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about actuarial science and want to take your experience to the next level
- You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient and are excited about the prospect of leveraging various techniques to do so.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent work environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (ASA or FSA) and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in health insurance reserving and financial reporting, preferably in Medicare Advantage.
- You possess basic programming skills, such as SQL.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.