Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Clover legal team is a small and nimble group that takes on novel issues that require creative solutions. You are joining a smart and scrappy team of in-house lawyers where you proactively address legal matters that challenge you to think differently. As a key member of the team, you will work closely with the company’s business leaders to anticipate and develop legal solutions.
We are looking for a self-motivated Paralegal who is prepared to work autonomously and own certain subject areas within the legal organization. This person should be very detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills. Additionally, this person should be comfortable interfacing with business leaders throughout the organization and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As a Paralegal, you will:
- Review, revise and negotiate non-disclosure, procurement and similar contracts in line with Company guidelines.
- Manage corporate filings, stock administration, and international subsidiary corporate calendars.
- Manage the contract execution and document retention processes globally.
- Maintain database of contracts and other corporate records.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource on company policies and procedures, tracking changes and updates for the department.
- Support our legal team in internal investigations and other compliance and risk management functions.
- Assist in legal research and drafting as necessary.
- Work on special projects and other ad hoc duties as requested.
You will love this job if:
- You are a team player: resourceful and can cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people. Able to effectively partner with peers and management to hit deadlines.
- You are a self-starter with excellent judgment and a strong work ethic.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively work cross functionally with teams across the organization.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- You are detail-oriented and a dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You are extremely flexible and comfortable supporting the needs of a growing legal team.
- You have a good sense of humor and can stay calm in an occasionally chaotic environment.
- You are okay with ambiguity and changes to project priorities.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have your Paralegal Certificate. Not a must, but nice to have.
- You are CEP certified or willing to pursue certification.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., corporate or transactional support, contract management, project management, document management).
- You have familiarity with the management of corporate records and stock administration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.