HealthTap is rewiring healthcare. By delivering consumer-friendly access to healthcare, HealthTap improves the experience for both patients and doctors while saving time and reducing costs for all. HealthTap’s doctor-trained, augmented intelligence system guides users to the care they need and enables an instant connection to doctors and their knowledge. HealthTap serves its app to employers, insurance companies, health systems, and users around the world. More than 140,000 doctors and hundreds of millions of users in 170 countries trust HealthTap for instant access to healthcare — anytime, anywhere.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised over $88 million. We are backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Khosla Ventures. Each of these firms is deeply committed to HealthTap and are optimistic about HealthTap’s vision for the future of healthcare.
Do you believe that a good search result is a personalized search result? Do you understand the importance of relevance? Do you love to build search features and infrastructure?
Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
HealthTap is a technology company dedicated to helping billions live a healthier, happier, longer life. We deliver a suite of connected health apps designed to provide simplified access and compassionate guidance to care for consumers while enabling practitioners to focus on what matters most.
HealthTap offers the world’s most comprehensive Virtual Care Cloud™, running on our proprietary Healthcare Operating System (HOPES™), and powered by our doctor-trained artificial intelligence (Dr. A.I.™). HealthTap makes our basic services available to everyone for free while providing enterprises such as health systems, insurers, and employers a connected healthcare ecosystem. At HealthTap, we combine the otherwise disjointed elements of healthcare into a single seamless experience for consumers, administrators, and practitioners.
Health & Care. Simple & Accessible
What we offer you
At HealthTap you will have the ability to demonstrate your skills in information retrieval, machine learning, and/or recommendation systems We’re seeking an exceptionally talented and driven search engineer to join our search initiative for our consumer- and doctor-facing digital health platform. As an early contributor to our growing engineering team, you’ll play a key role by taking ownership of our search engine development to improve search results for our users
What you bring to us
- Experience with large-scale search infrastructure. Familiarity with Lucene/ElasticSearch
- Experience developing frameworks for performance measurement and analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience leading and driving production escalations: monitoring, remediation, patch deliver, root-cause analysis
- Experience of statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
- Experience with agile and test-driven development techniques
- Experience working with large, custom search systems
- Experience working with indexing and search in Spanish, Chinese, etc
- BS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 5 years’ relevant work experience or MS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, and San Francisco in Jackson Square.
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
- Learn more about us, our story and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit us: HealthTap.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow!