Obo has created a SaaS system that solves the problem that eight of ten new products fail. With Obo’s “market-first” approach, product teams validate product plans prior to committing engineering resources, reducing the risk of failure. Customers use Obo to manage the Feature FunnelTM from hundreds of raw ideas to the refined and validated set that makes it into their product plans. The Obo system includes a rich historical repository, objective-based feature categorization, on-demand market and product research surveys, and a sophisticated “what if” release planning optimization engine. All wrapped in a collaboration layer, so that all members of the product team can see and participate in the process.
The Obo engineering team leverages best-practice methodologies such as agile development, Lean Startup and User-Centered Design, as well as the latest technologies in NLP and machine learning.We are looking for high-energy individuals with a passion for creating new, high-quality software applications. In addition to strong software engineering fundamentals, the ideal candidate will have proven experience running/supporting secure, scalable, enterprise-grade services within a culture of operational excellence.
- Deliver mission-critical, secure, enterprise SaaS web applications
- Leverage your understanding of data access patterns and object relational mapping tools
- Develop and own our API – external and internal
- Work on data analysis, including NLP, voice analysis, conjoint analysis, and more
- Deploy and architect services in AWS infrastructure
- Continuously integrate, unit test, and use automation to ensure stable deliverables
- Benchmark, analyze, present, and discuss design alternatives
- Work well with Scrum and Agile Development processes
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years professional experience of web applications and Java/J2EE development
- BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong Java programming skills
- Strong experience with using relational databases at the application level
- Strong experience with API design
- Strong experience in multitenant application modeling/configuration/customization, process orchestration, services orchestration, and enterprise-grade authentication services and external system integration frameworks
- Exposure to AWS infrastructure and deployment
- Expertise with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in an environment with rapid product development cycles
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Obo offers competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter, and unlimited PTO.