HealthTap is rewiring healthcare. By delivering consumer-friendly access to healthcare, HealthTap improves the experience for both patients and doctors while saving time and reducing costs for all. HealthTap’s doctor-trained, augmented intelligence system guides users to the care they need and enables an instant connection to doctors and their knowledge. HealthTap serves its app to employers, insurance companies, health systems, and users around the world. More than 140,000 doctors and hundreds of millions of users in 170 countries trust HealthTap for instant access to healthcare — anytime, anywhere.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised over $88 million. We are backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Khosla Ventures. Each of these firms is deeply committed to HealthTap and are optimistic about HealthTap’s vision for the future of healthcare.
Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
HealthTap is a technology company dedicated to helping billions live a healthier, happier, longer life. We deliver a suite of connected health apps designed to provide simplified access and compassionate guidance to care for consumers while enabling practitioners to focus on what matters most.
HealthTap offers the world’s most comprehensive Virtual Care Cloud™, running on our proprietary Healthcare Operating System (HOPES™), and powered by our doctor-trained artificial intelligence (Dr. A.I.™). HealthTap makes our basic services available to everyone for free while providing enterprises such as health systems, insurers, and employers a connected healthcare ecosystem. At HealthTap, we combine the otherwise disjointed elements of healthcare into a single seamless experience for consumers, administrators, and practitioners.
Health & Care. Simple & Accessible.
What we offer you
As a senior member of the data team, you'll have resources, autonomy, and the support of other A-players to drive analysis of the HOPES™ platform and the millions of active patients and doctors on it.
Examples of data projects you could work on:
- Realize the dreams of Dr A.I., our artificial intelligence powered virtual physician, by enhancing the machine learning model
- Mine our knowledge base of more than 5.5 billion doctor answers served and improve the lives of millions of people
- Implement and own deep analysis of very large datasets
- Real-time trending of health-related issues
What you bring to us
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field)
- You have 3+ years of experience using quantitative approaches to solve challenging and meaningful analytical problems (or equivalent)
- You are proficient in programming and the use of analytic tools to perform rapid design, prototyping, analysis, simulation of, and experimentation with, advanced algorithms and technologies such as Python, R, Java, SQL, Matlab, Mathematica
- You have solid grounding in applied mathematics and statistics including expertise in Bayesian Modeling, Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Decision Analysis, Time-series Analysis and Forecasting, Factor Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling, Item Response Theory, Markov chains, Data Visualization (ggplot2/Shiny/matplotlib)
- You have real-world experience working with massive amount of data using big data tools such as HIve, Pig, Impala, Spark Streaming/SQL, Presto, etc.
- You have worked with large scale data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, NoSQL (DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB), etc.
- You don’t stop until the problem is solved
- You like extreme ownership
Nice to have
- You are familiar with AWS
- You have a working knowledge of Map-Reduce, ETL, Tableau
- An entrepreneurial background is a plus
- Working experience in a smaller hyper-growth startup is a plus
More about working with us
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, and San Francisco in Jackson Square.
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow!