Ritual is changing the way we handle local commerce, one cup of coffee at a time. We use data science to build intelligent decision making applications, powerful reporting, and insightful analysis in order to guide strategy, develop powerful products, and most importantly to create great experiences with our product. As a member of the Analytics team at Ritual you will have the opportunity to help lead the production of key consumer and merchant facing features. The team encourages constant learning and we place a premium on passion, creativity, curiosity, and enthusiastic collaboration.
You will be responsible for analyzing, researching, and implementing innovative solutions using large scale data. You will leverage your statistical analysis experience to dive deep into Ritual's data and extract powerful insights. These insights, combined with research on the latest AI/ML/algorithmic approaches, will be used to offer innovative solutions to complex business problems. You will partner with product management and engineering teams to drive decisions through data and make a meaningful impact to Ritual's users.
- Guide vital business strategy through creation of insightful reporting
- Contribute to data-driven products and features on a project basis
- Carry out complex ad-hoc investigative analysis to answer key growth questions
- Visualize and communicate key learnings to business stakeholders
- BSc or MSc in statistics, computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, or other quantitative computational field with focus on statistical reasoning, or equivalent skills
- Expert SQL knowledge, with a focus on querying and manipulating data. Some knowledge of database architecture concepts.
- Deep understanding of business and market growth concepts, marketing tools and platforms, sales operations, and revenue mechanisms
- Deep knowledge of fundamental statistical concepts and distributions
- In depth experience with data visualization and business intelligence tooling
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- A passion for solving challenging and impactful problems
- MSc or PhD preferred
- Expertise with statistical programming language (R, Python, Julia)
- Knowledge of experimental design and frequentist statistical tests
- Deep knowledge of Bayesian statistics and inference
- Experience with a wide variety of machine learning algorithms
- High comfort level with linear algebra
- Experience building and using Business Intelligence tools
- Git functionality and workflow experience/exposure
- Experience/expertise with high-quality data visualization frameworks like matplotlib and especially d3.js
- Experience with linux command-line tools
- Good knowledge of object oriented software design principles and best practices
- Experience with developing testable, maintainable, and extendable production code