Ritual is digitizing local commerce. With our app, we help people avoid lines by ordering ahead so that they can get their lunch or coffee without waiting. We help restaurants focus on what they do best - making food/coffee, and less about payment and taking orders. We strive to deliver a rich, yet simple and intuitive experience that lets people get what they want quickly, whilst still allowing them to discover new spots.
As an Android Engineer at Ritual you will work with a small and close-knit team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and launch new versions of our app. You’ll gain a ton of perspective as you connect with different teams that work on related parts of Ritual.
You’ll be able to take the time to rebuild the areas that need love while some of your code stands the test of time. You’ll grow and learn a ton from your team and you’ll likely fail a lot so embracing this is really important. You’ll create rich, delightful experiences for our users, whilst writing clean, easy to understand, and maintainable code.
We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best local commerce experience for our users.
We are located in the Entertainment District.
- 2-4 years of experience in Android development
- Passion for mobile software development, experience with a successful Play Store app with delighted users
- In-depth knowledge of the Android SDK, the open-source Android ecosystem, and the libraries available for common tasks
- Knowledge of Google’s Android user-interface design principles, patterns, and best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Tools of our trade:
- Build and debug apps with Android Studio, Protocol Buffers, open source libraries, e.g. Volley, Picasso, Lottie
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
Ritual’s mission is to digitize local commerce. We are a two-sided marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods and service more efficient.
Our initial product focuses on creating a social food ordering experience that allows users to pre-order take-out at their local restaurants. We make it easy to place group orders and have a co-worker deliver your lunch or coffee right to your desk. Our value-add for merchants is to increase their order volume and repeat business. Additionally, we provide merchants with valuable insights into their local customer behaviour, allowing for highly targeted local marketing campaigns.
Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs and ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, the company has grown to 150 people and has raised $125 million in venture funding.
We are currently partnering with over 3,000 restaurants in 10 cities across North America, including Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Toronto, Washington, DC. While continuing to grow in North America, we are also looking to expand internationally into Europe and Asia.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.