Splice Machine, an AI data platform startup company, is looking for a Quality Engineer with experience testing complex distributed systems and large data sets using Spark and Machine Learning. Work from anywhere in the US.
Splice Machine’s CEO, Monte Zweben, is a serial entrepreneur, 30 year veteran in AI, and former Founder/ CEO of Blue Martini, one of the most successful IPOs in early 2000 ($2.9B
). He started Splice Machine to disrupt the $30 billion traditional database market with the first open-source dual engine database and predictive platform to power Big Data, AI and Machine Learning applications.
Splice Machine has recruited a team of legendary Big Data advisors including, Roger Bamford, “Father of Oracle RAC”, Michael Franklin, former Director of AMPLab at UC Berkeley, Ken Rudin, Head of Growth and Analytics for Google Search, Andy Pavlo, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University and Ray Lane, former COO of Oracle, to collaborate with the Splice Machine team as we blaze new trails in Big Data.
Recently recognized in Forresters’ Translytical Wave Report, Splice Machine’s “secret sauce” is a powerful and scalable translytical database which ingests high volumes of data at velocity while simultaneously performing analytics and serving concurrent queries. Our database is the foundation of Splice Machine’s predictive platform.
Some of our use-cases include:
· At a leading credit card company, Splice Machine powers a customer service application that returns sub-20ms record lookups on 7 PB of data
· At a Fortune 50 bank, Splice Machine is replacing a leading RDBMS and data warehouse with one platform in a customer profitability application
· At an RFID tag company, Splice Machine is replacing a complex architecture for a retail IoT solution
· At a leading financial service company, Splice Machine powers an enterprise data hub for 10,000 users
· At a leading healthcare solution provider, Splice Machine powers a predictive application to learn models and use them to save lives in hospitals
As a member of the Quality Engineering team, you will help build a quality environment for a product and services with many moving parts, built using cutting-edge, open source technology including but not limited to Spark, Hadoop, Mesos, and Docker.
Our team at Splice Machine enjoys access to the best tools available, an open and collaborative distributed work environment and a supportive culture inspiring them to do their very best. We offer great salaries, generous equity, employee health coverage, flexible time off, and an environment that gives you the flexibility to seize moments of inspiration among other perks. Splice Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.