*Please note we will begin to go through the first wave of applicants in January 2019.
The Assistant Controller is a new role at Ritual. You'll be an important addition to a great Finance team at one of the fastest growing startups in North America.This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to an early-stage company with the momentum of a successful team and product behind you.
Financial Reporting: Be responsible for overseeing the month-end close process and compiling consolidated financial statements. Research technical accounting issues as needed and play a key role in establishing company-wide accounting policies.
Financial Operations: Manage the day-to-day financial operations including, but not limited to, ad-hoc reporting requests from leaders, creating and maintaining recurring budget to actual reporting for each department, credit card or vendor reconciliations, and final review of expense reports
Audit: Assist in annual audit and tax compliance work, specifically, working with auditors to prepare requested schedules and corresponding analysis, helping to draft financial statements and related note disclosures, creating schedules to support requests from our professional audit or tax teams for filings, and responding to requests from tax filing authorities globally.
Treasury: Assist in creating a rolling weekly cash forecast. Manage the day-to-day cash flow of the Company to ensure vendors are paid and all receivables are collected on a timely basis.
Process Improvements: Assist in developing, documenting, and implementing internal controls. Provide training and support to finance staff. Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes to eliminate them.
Finance Projects: Contribute meaningfully to some unique projects such as transfer pricing, setting up and managing inter-company agreements, expanding internationally, etc.
- CPA, CA designation
- 3+ years of firm experience - with exposure to IFRS and multi-currency environments
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Demonstrated experience revamping processes, with an eye for improving efficiency
- Ability to lead in an ever-changing, hyper-growth work environment
- Naturally curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on
- An excellent communicator and able to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Organized with extreme attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite, Quickbooks, Expensify is a plus
- Daily Ritual credits for you to spend at the best coffee & lunch spots in town
- Every Ritual employee owns equity and becomes a shareholder
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard and take time when you need it
- Work with truly world-class peers in a super-fun office and be part of one of the fastest growing startups