HealthTap is rewiring healthcare. By delivering consumer-friendly access to healthcare, HealthTap improves the experience for both patients and doctors while saving time and reducing costs for all. HealthTap’s doctor-trained, augmented intelligence system guides users to the care they need and enables an instant connection to doctors and their knowledge. HealthTap serves its app to employers, insurance companies, health systems, and users around the world. More than 140,000 doctors and hundreds of millions of users in 170 countries trust HealthTap for instant access to healthcare — anytime, anywhere.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised over $88 million. We are backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Khosla Ventures. Each of these firms is deeply committed to HealthTap and are optimistic about HealthTap’s vision for the future of healthcare.
Write code, save lives.
As HealthTap's Backend Engineer, you have unique problem-solving capabilities and a deep passion for solving problems.
Scalability, a focus on the user, and optimal solutions - that's the stuff that has helped HealthTap save over 24,000 lives (and counting). We would love to have you join us on our journey!
Who You Are
- You craft simple and elegant solutions to the gnarliest problems
- You break through conventional thinking and dare to dream
- You sometimes laugh at your own jokes
- Your solutions are creative—and sometimes a little odd—but you always solve the puzzle in front of you
- You iterate until they pull the keyboard out of your hands
- You know there are many ways to solve a problem and carefully weigh each trade-off and execute decisively
- You despise bobbleheads
- On Sunday mornings you’re usually hung over from the previous night’s hackathon
- You are not a prima donna and understand that it takes a village to unleash innovation
- You swear that next year is the year you’ll make it to Comic-Con
- You question assumptions
- You are a math god
- You believe in practicing your art
- You’ve not yet been won over by the new Doctor
- You are a student of lifetime learning
What you want from your next career move
To change the world, one line of code at a time. To be challenged and to learn. To make a real difference in people’s lives.
Why we need you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We need superlative coders who can realize our vision on a cross-platform development framework (iPhone, iPad, Android, and all browsers) and who are passionate about big data, advanced ontologies, cutting-edge algorithms, reputation scores, localization, and personalization.
As a backend engineer at HealthTap, you’ll be part of a tight knit team, flourishing in an engineering- and product- centric culture.
- Help shape and define the architecture of, and build the core infrastructure for, our products used by millions
- Help solve huge problems working with big data, machine learning, NLP, advanced search, and the next generation of APIs to change and disrupt the health care and health information industries
- Create elegant code that’s efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain (and that actually saves lives)
- Translate user needs that really matter into product requirements and ultimate solutions that surprise, delight, and make a difference in people’s lives
- Play an important role in helping HealthTap stay at the forefront of digital health, one of the hottest emerging industries
How you’re going to change global health care
Your code will make it possible for people to live longer, healthier, happier lives, and will bring concierge medicine and peace of mind to millions of people around the world.
What you’ve accomplished
- BS / MS in Computer Science from a top school or program (or equivalent experience)
- Highly exceptional coding skills in multiple programming languages
- Extensive experience building awesome, user-friendly, web-based applications using frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django and Spring
- Proven ability to contribute and to “move the needle” in all aspects of a quality-centric, web and mobile-based application development environment (including database design, algorithms, front-end coding, and engineering operations)
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, and San Francisco in Jackson Square.
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
- Learn more about us, our story and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit us: HealthTap.com