Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our first complex care offering is the Clover In-Home Primary Care program. This program provides vulnerable members, including those with major complex chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness, with in-home access to an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, and social workers. Our providers are trained in geriatrics and supportive care and are able to focus on the symptoms and conditions that matter most to complex older adults.
Our ideal candidate must have strong experience and comfort in managing higher acuity patients in less intensive care settings—working with patients and their caregivers to provide care that aligns with patient preferences and wishes.
We're looking for Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) who will be responsible for seeing our complex care members in the home. The Physician will assume primary medical responsibility for a panel of ~200 patients. The Physician will collaborate with an employed interdisciplinary team, population health management team and community-based agencies to establish in-home treatment plans designed to achieve the triple aim (improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction); improving population health; and reducing avoidable utilization).
If you are a physician who is deeply committed to providing high quality care, systems-oriented, tech savvy, and committed to using innovative data and technology tools to support these efforts, come join the Clover team!
As a Primary Care Physician for Complex Care you will:
- Visit patients at home as part of a house calls model.
- Take primary medical responsibility for all assigned patients.
- Identify patients’ medical and psychosocial conditions impacting health and lead an interdisciplinary team in managing these conditions.
- Coordinate consultation with medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and/or psychiatric specialties.
- Provide person-centered care by eliciting patients’ values and preferences to guide healthcare decisions.
- Provide health education and health coaching on wellness, disease prevention, chronic care management, and self-management skills to patients and personal support persons.
- Determine the need for and facilitate care by an emergency department, hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health agency, hospice and/or community-based organizations in a manner consistent with patients’ goals of care.
- Utilize available tools and technology platforms to enable effective and efficient identification and intervention of individual patients and cohorts.
- Follow population health and clinical guidelines.
- Follow CMS Regulatory and Health Plan clinical guidelines of care for patients.
- Input timely and accurate documentation of all clinical encounters.
- Provide medical administrative support as needed such as signing forms requiring physician signature.
- Participate in team performance improvement and sustainment activities to optimize team efficiency and care delivery to patients.
- Participate in multidisciplinary care planning meetings.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative physician.
- You love clinical care and providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a home care physician you are helping not only the patient but the family members.
- You embrace technology and clinical protocols as a means for driving high quality clinical care.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a MD/DO degree
- You are Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family, Internal or Geriatric Medicine.
- You desire to work full-time or are open to working a minimum of 33 hours a week.
- You have demonstrated clinical competencies in such areas as age-specific care, cultural assessment and health education.
- You are passionate about caring for our most vulnerable elders, including those with major complex conditions, frailty, and advanced illness.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.