- Ritual is changing the way we handle local commerce, one cup of coffee at a time. We are sharply focused on understanding customer interaction with our product, and how we can improve it. Not only do we analyze data for consumers who use Ritual, but also for the merchants on our platform who are looking for insight into their businesses.
You will build data pipelines, ML pipelines and data warehouse models to help us leverage the data to develop insights, and to enable us to make business decisions. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You will support our software developers and growth team on data initiatives and will ensure an optimal data delivery architecture is present to support ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Be a founding team member of our Growth & Data team. You’ll be getting your hands dirty with the data plus thinking big picture to develop our longer term data strategy
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with object-oriented & functional scripting languages including Python and Java
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Bonus points if you have
- Understands and helps drive business impact via data systems and their resulting output.
- Competitive salaries – we strive to pay top market compensation
- Every Ritual employee owns equity and becomes a shareholder
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard and take time when you need it
- Ritual credits provided daily for coffees and lunches at the best spots around you
- Work with truly world class peers in a highly collaborative culture
- Be at the heart of the growth startup community