ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for experienced Senior Front End Developers to help us design, build, and grow beautifully crafted products to support our growing business. In this role you will build tools for others to use, contributing to Ritual’s overall efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing, who creates clean, reusable, and robust systems. This role entails more than just building pages - you will actively work to improve the infrastructure of our system. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and are excited to learn, we’d like to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Plan projects alongside Product Managers
- Write and review code and fix bugs
- Respond to all issues under your domain
- Collaborate with other teams to streamline Engineering process
Technical leadership at Ritual requires impact and ownership. A Senior Software Engineer at Ritual is expected to be effective in the following areas:
- Contribute to architecture; You understand large areas of our system and are able to reuse or add new components to existing architecture.
- From product requirement to feature delivery; You work independently or lead a small team that can quickly turn product requirements into testable experiments and production ready code.
- Code quality & code review; You have passion for quality code and maintain a high standard of style; enforce/update existing patterns
- Team oriented; You build tools that makes the whole team more productive. Improve tools and processes when needed
- Knowledge transfer & mentorship; You share the knowledge you've gathered and help the rest of the team grow
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering high quality software
- Experience with React/Redux building elegant, robust, and reusable UI components and frameworks
- Coding skills in Node.js Express and Java a bonus
- Passion for web technologies and improving infrastructure
- Interest in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with DevOps and Microservices
- Google App Engine
- Artistic inclinations
- Experience building Content Management Systems
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package and equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage and a generous vacation policy.
- We eat our own dogfood. You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches and coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events and off sites