This position reports to the CEO, with dotted line to CFO, and is critical to help us take our organization to the next level. This is a key member of the management team and will help shape our company as we continue to grow.
1 HR Business Partner, 1 Payroll Specialist, 1 Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement people processes across every aspect of the organization
- Develop hiring programs to ensure we continue to hire, develop, and retain top talent
- Develop processes around performance management, compensation, and retention to help the company grow
- Develop a comprehensive training and development program for employees at different levels
- Nurture and maintain our company culture
- Guarantee a culture and competence within the company for managerial coaching, performance review and development
- Promote employee communication and workplace fairness
- Oversees and manage the employee satisfaction survey and communication processes
- Work collaboratively with managers to help them hit their hiring and retention goals
- Assure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Lead the company’s human resources and payroll team
- Manage vendor relationships with our PEO, benefits providers, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
- Up to 15% travel, primarily to company’s Bay Area site, required
- 8+ years of senior management experience in employee and leadership development, employee relations, talent acquisition, HR operations, and compliance at a high-growth organization
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing employees
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to coach other managers and leadership
- Proven track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives and successfully scaling a compelling company culture
- Experience with Department of Education regulations a plus.
- Experience with California employment law a plus
- SHRM SCP and/or SPHR certification a plus
HotChalk helps great universities be great online. HotChalk’s technology-enabled platform seeks to transform higher education by unleashing data, analytics, and Silicon Valley design principles to continuously improve the online experience of educators and learners alike. We deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve -- because we believe every mind matters.