Do you love to manipulate data? Do you hear problems in one language and create solutions in code? Do you live for continuous integration?
Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
HealthTap is a technology company dedicated to helping billions live a healthier, happier, longer life. We deliver a suite of connected health apps designed to provide simplified access and compassionate guidance to care for consumers while enabling practitioners to focus on what matters most.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised $85m with the most recent funding of $50m in 2017.
HealthTap is backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Khosla Ventures. Each of these firms is very committed to HealthTap and are very optimistic about the future of A.I. applied to healthcare and the Virtual Care Cloud.
HealthTap offers the world’s most comprehensive Virtual Care Cloud™, running on our proprietary Healthcare Operating System (HOPES™), and powered by our doctor-trained artificial intelligence (Dr. A.I.™). HealthTap makes our basic services available to everyone for free while providing enterprises such as health systems, insurers, and employers a connected healthcare ecosystem. At HealthTap, we combine the otherwise disjointed elements of healthcare into a single seamless experience for consumers, administrators, and practitioners.
Health & Care. Simple & Accessible
What we offer you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We need superlative coders who can realize our vision on a high-performance, secure and robust back-end framework that powers our products.
As a backend engineer at HealthTap, you’ll be part of a tight knit team, flourishing in an engineering- and product- centric culture.
What you bring to us
- Help shape and define the architecture of, and build the core infrastructure for, our products used by millions
- Help solve huge problems working with big data, machine learning, NLP, advanced search, and the next generation of APIs to change and disrupt the health care and health information industries
- Create elegant code that’s efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain (and that actually saves lives)
- Translate user needs that really matter into product requirements and ultimate solutions that surprise, delight, and make a difference in people’s lives
- Play an important role in helping HealthTap stay at the forefront of digital health, one of the hottest emerging industries
Your code will make it possible for people to live longer, healthier, happier lives, and will bring concierge medicine and peace of mind to millions of people around the world.
- BS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 5 years relevant work experience or MS in Computer Science from a top school or program + 3 years relevant work experience
- Highly exceptional coding skills in multiple programming languages
- Extensive experience building awesome, user-friendly, web-based applications using frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django and Spring
- Proven ability to contribute and to “move the needle” in all aspects of a quality-centric, web and mobile-based application development environment (including database design, algorithms, and engineering operations)
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, and San Francisco in Jackson Square.
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
- Learn more about us, our story and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit us: HealthTap.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow!