Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our researchers and designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a culture of learnings by inviting cross-functional teams into our process to understand our users, their values, needs, and pain points. Working with these insights, we help generate and validate solutions, delivering products and experiences that combine personal care and modern technology to give people the healthcare they deserve. This is an opportunity to not only contribute to a culture of learnings and user-centric product development, but better healthcare software and experiences.
We are looking for a strong & seasoned User Researcher to join our design team. Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for User Researcher to be a part of building this function. We are NOT our user. This is an opportunity to have an impact on how we interact with our members. Seniors and primary care doctors are often underserved by technology because of this gap in understanding. Research is crucial for helping deeply understand their needs and to connect our technology and operations teams to the people we’re serving.
It is critical that we can connect with our diverse group of members. We are looking for a researcher to help us understand and impact their experiences. Research will initially be focused in New Jersey, though locales like San Antonio and El Paso may also require your attention (so yes, some travel required!).
As a User Researcher, you will:
- Develop appropriate research methodologies and plans for projects — discovery and validation!
- Collaborate with product, operations, and data science on defining “success” from qualitative and quantitative perspectives to ensure research is focused and closely tied to business goals.
- Develop a systematized way of collecting and sharing research at the right level to project teams or the company. You can present, communicate, and distill the insights you've gathered.
- Inform product strategy and identify new opportunities based on user needs.
- Communicate and advocate for your findings in a way that will inspire people to act.
You will love this job if:
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can do to help people.
- You are a systems-thinker that strives to connect the dots in an industry full of constraints and complexities.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated problems.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that cares about the people interacting with a product or service.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate the value of research with non-designers.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years research experience (healthcare experience preferred but not necessary).
- You have a deep methodological toolbox to explore the behavior, workflow and motivations of our users. (i.e. You use ethnographic methods, interviews, participatory design, and usability tests depending on the hypothesis.)
- You enjoy figuring out answers to ambiguous, but ambitious questions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.