KEY is leading a third wave in the travel industry by revolutionizing delivery of local, curated experiences. With KEY, concierge service with local knowledge is readily available at your fingertips wherever you stay, making travel effortless. We help travellers make memories, not plans.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to provide technical leadership to build a technology platform that connects service vendors, travel partners, and travellers, enabling the travellers to effortlessly plan curated experiences.
You will be a key member of the team to develop the platform for concierge service. You’ll lead the design, implementation and deployment of real time order management system, vendor marketplace, system integration, user’s personalization and content recommendation engine to make each visit to KEY for the guests more personalized and frictionless. You'll stay ahead of new technologies and recommend technologies that best fit our needs.
Technologies we use include Node.js, Parse, React.js, MongoDB, Amazon AWS, and CircleCI.
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter and love solving challenges
- You are excited about using technology to create innovation that delights users and disrupts the industry
- You enjoy a dynamic environment that strives on out-of-the-box thinking and creative ideas
- 7+ years of experience developing and deploying backend APIs, message queues or full stack applications
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js, React.js, REST APIs, MongoDB, SQL or similar technologies
- Experience with AWS, Docker or similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Our Values & Environment:
- We have a highly collaborative environment where everyone understands the business problems, and ideates solutions to solve the problems
- We are data-driven and iterate fast to validate assumptions
- We swarm to architect and deliver technology innovation in the travel space
- We have passionate, fun and smart people to work with and learn from
- Our engineers are given full ownership and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We value our people and relationships
Are you ready to join us as KEY expands into the hottest travel destinations, and usher in the next big wave in travel industry?
KEY Travel Concierge (https://key.co) is a provider of on-demand five-star concierge service for travelers. KEY delivers personalized “local” experiences. As a partner service to high-end vacation rentals, KEY provides customized itineraries for discriminating travelers developed by local concierges, offering personalized grocery delivery, stocked bars, dining and entertainment reservations, personal chefs and more, all from a local insider’s point of view. Founded in 2014 by Kim Shrum, KEY provides concierge service in 13 national markets including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Aspen, Austin and New York.
You will be part of a startup primed to drive innovation and disrupt the travel industry! Benefits package include:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grants
- Very competitive benefits package
- Open & flexible PTO
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)