$85K - $95K DOE + Performance Bonus Plan + Full Benefits
Our mission is to help the world find “home.” Powered by insurance and technology, we’re reinventing the way renters and properties transact—making it faster, simpler, and more cost-effective.
LeaseLock replaces security deposits with insurance. Renters pay a low monthly fee starting at $19 that insures the property for up to 6x rent. Renters save thousands of dollars at move-in, while properties convert more leases with better protection.
LeaseLock is rapidly growing, already protecting over 1,000,000 apartment homes. LeaseLock is venture-backed by leading financial, insurance, and real estate funds including American Family Ventures, Clocktower Technology Ventures, Moderne Ventures, and 500 Startups.
We’re passionate about our mission and are looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team. If you are smart, dynamic, and energized to join a high-growth startup disrupting the $1 trillion real estate market with an innovative new product—let’s chat!
LeaseLock is currently seeking a Director of Finance to join our team. As Director of Finance you will play a vital role in the company’s expansion and growth by providing timely and accurate financial data and analysis, including financial statements, internal and external budgets, and billing reports. The ideal Director of Finance will have experience planning and modeling revenue projections with FinTech companies. Further, the Director of Finance must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as they will work closely with the C-Level office, as well as key external stakeholders, including investors and regulatory agencies, in order to establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting to ensure LeaseLock’s continued financial growth. The Director of Finance must welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up.
• Conducts analyses to make forecasts and report to upper executives
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
• Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Develops the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
• Prepares timely and detailed reports on financial performance on quarterly and annual bases
• Arranges for and oversees audits as required and appropriate.
• Manages budgets and controls expenses effectively.
• Trains, develops and appraises staff effectively.
• Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
• Drives the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
• Sets up and oversees the company’s finance IT system
• B.S/B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field
• 6+ years of experience in finance in the internet/financial-technology (“FinTech”) sector of which at least 2 years involved team management experience in a start-up or post start-up environment.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
• Experience in the preparation and development of financial forecasts and plans
• Experience in general accounting, account analysis and financial reporting
• Experience working in a high-volume recurring revenue business model
• Experience reviewing, analyzing and implementing financial systems.
• Proficient technology skills, including MS Office Suite, Excel, and financial management software such as SAS.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• MSc/MA in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related quantitative field
• Previous experience working in an InsurTech company or in the burgeoning InsurTech field
• Accelerate your career with high visibility role in a fast-growth startup
• Report directly to C-Level / founding team
• Aggressive performance bonus compensation plan
• Initiatives will have a direct impact on the performance of the company
• Office is located four blocks from the beach in sunny Marina del Rey