Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Software Engineer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Develop features for Kabbage's core platform and banking partners in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on an agile development team building the company's core platform.
- Design and maintain APIs used by web apps, mobile apps, and backend processes.
- Contribute to all tiers of our applications.
- Build reliable asynchronous systems.
What we're looking for in you:
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Is cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Analytical skills: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent.
What you should have:
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (for example, well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Engineers who have experience with web best practices such as unit testing and reusable components.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.