Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech, and we are looking for a Head of Data Platform to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We've received numerous awards and recognition, including Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work, "36th fastest growing company in the US" on the INC 500 List, Fast Company's "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America's Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Lead multiple teams of passionate data engineers in developing holy shit features for the ever expanding Kabbage data platform that powers the entire business.
What you'll be doing:
- You will own the technical architecture, design and implementation of the Kabbage data infrastructure—a large scale eco-system of large ingestion, streaming data pipelines, batch processing, storing and transformation, and distribution of data.
- You will design and support OLTP databases, data warehouses, data models, and data lakes. You will continually improve Kabbage’s data platform architecture and systems using tools like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Druid, Influx, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server within a DevOps driven AWS environment.
- Oversee all production processing and monitoring of the data infrastructure to exceed agreed upon SLA.
- Work cross-functionally across the engineering and data organizations as well as with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborate with other on security, reliability and automation.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Problem solving: Strong, proven problem-solving skills, and ability to drive solutions through to completion.
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Intelligence: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Pace: Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Understands how to deliver intermediate business value while working a long-term strategy.
What you should have:
- 15+ years of data experience in development and management of enterprise data systems including data models, data cleaning, data quality ,and data governance.
- Experience in managing 2+ teams.
- Experience in refactoring and query tuning on high transaction OLTP systems.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Mongo, MapR, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Spark, Flink, and Druid.
- Deep understanding of SQL data products (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB) and architectural patterns such as partitioning, master slave setup, and clustering.
- Experience with source control of data objects using GIT or similar products. You treat data process similar to software development and embraces CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience with cloud-based computing of database resources (AWS), including provisioning, security, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience in SQL Server clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, and failover clusters. Other various replication technologies would be an advantage.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.