C3 IoT meets an urgent and fast-growing demand for enterprise scale Big Data, AI, and IoT applications to enable Digital Transformation. The C3 IoT Platform utilizes real-time performance monitoring and predictive analytics to optimize business processes, differentiate products and services, and create new revenue streams. Through the innovative C3 Type System and an open, extensible platform, C3 IoT has become the world’s leader in delivering Digital Transformation initiatives.
Overview of the Role
Forward Deployed Solution Engineers (FDSE) work at the leading edge of our business to rapidly and accurately configure the C3 Platform and Application solutions to solve complex business problems involving significant scale and technical complexity in new domains and for new customers.
FDSEs work closely with the customer’s IT, business analytics, and data science teams to demonstrate the capabilities of the C3 Platform. Our FDSEs are comfortable architecting systems that require analyzing high-volume, high-frequency, broad, unstructured or real time data sets. Data science and big data techniques are core to the C3 Platform and the FDSEs maintain conversational and technical competency in these areas. We’re looking for engineers who are technical and also enjoy selling and interacting with customers to solve high impact, previously unsolved problems.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high value projects with high levels of internal and external visibility.
- Conduct C3 IoT Platform and application demonstrations and training to both internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training, and certification to acquire and maintain knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or comparable area of study.
- Experience demonstrating software products, presenting technical deep-dives, and technical objection handling.
- General knowledge of big data, database, batch/stream processing, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, examples and benefits.
- Highly communicative and team oriented.
- Strong work ethic, goal-oriented, attention to detail and proven record of delivery.
- Familiarity of CLI tools, specifically: awk, sed, grep, find, tail, head, curl.
- Familiarity with version control tools, specifically: Git.
- Technical competency in Data Science, i.e. experience in describing or programming machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in working in an AGILE engineering organization.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in enterprise big data and machine learning platforms.
- Competency in public speaking & customer interaction.
C3 IoT provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3 IoT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.