Paid Search SEM Manager at Aceable
Austin, TX, US
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable has big growth targets and this role will be critical to hitting our numbers. The role combines the creative and analytical, as you’ll develop and grow Aceable’s paid media opportunities through data analysis, testing, and campaign management using the latest platforms and technology available. We’re looking for detail oriented people with experience in building campaigns, performing deep analysis, and meeting performance criteria in paid search, social, or display. This role will continually build, test, and tweak campaigns to maximize effectiveness by having an intimate understanding of the underlying data to execute campaign optimizations utilizing structured best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced media environment where every day is a new and exciting challenge for you to overcome. If you are results-focused, scrappy, and smart, you will fit in here.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient educational content across all devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people with life’s certification challenges. After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver’s ed courses, Aceable is now expanding into other verticals for required education. To date, Aceable touts more than 400,000 users and counting, as it continues to expand nationwide.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is made of some of the hardest working, smartest people in their fields. We thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where cross channel communication and collaboration is key. We pride ourselves on quickly solving challenges with new and innovative solutions, and we have fun doing it!
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute on projects across multiple verticals with a highly collaborative, fast paced team
- Conduct deep daily analysis to determine campaign effectiveness and identify opportunities
- Manage budgets/bids to maximize return across keywords and audiences
- Build campaigns, conduct keyword and audience research, review and edit ad creative/copy
- Audit and QA campaign buildouts, settings, and structures to ensure nothing slipped through the cracks
- Structure, launch, analyze, and report on landing page testing to drive improved conversion across channels
- Provide regular reporting and performance updates to communicate successes, inconsistencies, under‐performance, or any other campaign related metrics
- Assist in streamlining daily and weekly reporting needs
- Continuously improve performance through testing, leveraging campaign analytics
- Create and test various ad units in collaboration with creative teams
- Create opportunities through staying current with new channels, software, and industry best practices
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing paid search, paid social, and/or display campaigns
- Disdain for merely hitting goals, because your self-motivation, accountability, and sense of urgency drives you to exceed them
- Strong instincts toward continual growth and optimization, with ability to pivot based on the company’s needs
- Jedi-level analytical skills
- Passion for pulling data, analyzing it, making quick decisions, and defending those decisions with data
- Enjoyment with working as part of a team, and the nimbleness necessary to work on a project with multiple other people
- Superb communication skills across all levels of the organization from interns to the Board of Directors
- Ability to run what-if analyses and present multiple scenarios to inform decision making
- Understanding of the relationship between all funnel metrics. At what rate does each metric affect each other? If one metric is down, is it up or down funnel of other metrics? If 5 metrics are down...which ones do we focus on, and prioritize addressing?
- Knowledge of the level of complexity needed. Doesn't over-design. In other words, doesn't build a lot of infrastructure/complexity if not needed, but if it is needed, can design in a way that's scalable.
- Ability to self and ruthlessly prioritize business opportunities. There are probably always 1000 things we can be doing...but what should we be doing?
- Expertise in Google Adwords, Bing Ads, and/or Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience with web analytical tools such as Google or Adobe Analytics
- A detail oriented personality who knows that the little things are what make or break campaigns
- Up‐to‐date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in paid media
- Level-headed demeanor under extreme pressure, and ability to work the problem
- Proven track record of being a fast learner who is constantly striving to find a more efficient way to complete a task
- Experience with thin-spread accounts
- Experience with restructuring accounts without a dip in performance
- Ability to write scripts
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week and access to our fully stocked kitchen
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.